Printers are prone to timely glitches, and Canon printers are no exception. Various hardware, software, and connectivity errors can obstruct the printer's working.
To reset canon printer is one of the prime troubleshooting tricks that work in many printer issues like:
- Canon Printer Offline Mac
- Canon Printer won't print
- Canon printer wi-fi connectivity issues
- Canon printer status offline
- Canon Printer Not Responding
As such canon has introduced an ample number of models in the market. One prime category to differentiate their printers is with and without display control panels.
Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but none of these are low in quality. When it comes to resetting printer; you have two options to go with.
- Power Reset Canon Printer
- Hard Reset Canon Printer
To understand how to work with both of these. Continue reading as we will be discussing these in detail in the following section.
How To Power Reset Canon Printer?
As the name suggests; to power reset printer means power recycling on the machine to initialize it from its basic settings again.
The power reset or power recycling on a canon printer could also be denoted as "Soft Reset Printer." Following check out the various steps to do this on your canon printer.
- Turn off the printer entirely while plugging out the power supply cable.
- Remove all USB and the Ethernet cables attached to the printer.
- Open the printer cover; let it cool and give it a rest of 10-15 minutes.
- Turn on the printer while connecting the power cable into the power outlet.
- Connect your printer to the computer using the same ethernet cable and also attach the networking cable.
- Prefer to run a test document before you give any print command; this will examine the printer performance.
Now check if the canon printer error you were facing is gone or not? For any temporary, heating, or connectivity issues; this method mostly works.
How to Hard Reset Canon Printer?
In any case, if the power reset didn't turn out to be a solution to fix your problem; you can go for a hard reset on the printer.
One should opt for this method only if nothing else works to resolve the printer issues.
To hard reset canon printer will roll back it to its basic configuration as you have just unpacked a new printer. You need to set up a canon printer, (add link) connect it to the wi-fi network again from scratch. Here is how to do this:
Go to the main menu of your printer.
- Go to the "Setup menu" and then choose "Device settings."
- Press OK and choose the "Reset settings" option.
- Finally, press the "OK" button to give your consent.
This will begin the hard reset process on your canon printer.
Hope these steps will help you in reseting the printer.