Over the years, studying MBBS abroad has gained immense popularity, especially for Indian students, as there are very limited number of seats in India when we talk of medical courses. Also, charges of medical courses are relatively high in Indian private institutions when compared with top universities in abroad country. When we talk about taking admission to a medical college abroad, you cannot forget about Ukraine. Ukraine offers you peace of mind not only providing world class education but also great accommodation at reasonable rates and much better modern amenities compared to several other countries worldwide.
Several students might be thinking about the complex procedure to obtain admission in the medical course overseas. However, it’s not like that student only required to meet the eligibility requirements and follow the admission procedure, which is not as complex as it looks. So, keep reading the article to know more about how you can obtain admission for MBBS study abroad.
Eligibility criteria to study MBBS abroad
No doubt, every country has its own set of guidelines and eligibility criteria for the students who are willing to complete their MBBS studies abroad. However, below we have mentioned general guidelines to pursue MBBS in abroad:
· The candidate must have at least 17 years of age. There is no maximum limit to apply for an MBBS course abroad.
· Applying candidates must have completed their 10+2 from any recognised board.
· Students might have attained an aggregate percentage of a minimum of 50% or above in chemistry, biology and physics. They should have also studied English as a compulsory subject during their 10+2 years.
· Applying candidate needs to submit the medical certificate during the time of admission which states that candidate is not the victim of any severe disease like cancer or diabetes.
· The most important eligibility criteria for every student is to qualify for the national eligibility entrance test (NEET). Whether you are willing to pursue MBBS abroad or in your home country, qualifying for NEET is a must. However, every candidate should remember that the maximum age limit for giving the NEET exam is 25 years for general candidates and 30 years for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
Admission process for studying MBBS abroad
When you are aware of the general guidelines for eligibility criteria to pursue MBBS abroad, now it is time to discuss about some basic admission procedure for studying MBBS abroad. Only move to the admission process if you have met all the eligibility criteria.
Step 1: Choose the university abroad and read its minimum eligibility criteria.
Step 2: Most of the country has made it mandatory for the candidate to appear for the eligibility test to get eligible to start studying in the country. Candidates might be asked to appear in the English proficiency test to get eligible. Applicants can only proceed to the next step if they have passed all the tests.
Step 3: The major thing is to fill up the university's online application form and enter the relevant details. Make sure that you do not make any errors while providing the details.
Step 4: After that, the applying candidates will require to upload the scanned photocopy of all the required academic documents to make the application form stronger.
Step 5: Pay off the required application fee. Fees depend upon the university to which you are willing to take admission.
Step 6: Once you have successfully submitted the online application form and paid the required application fee, candidates will receive the respond from the university.
Step 7: Once applicants have successfully received the admission letter from the university, then only they will required to send their valid passport along with the original documents and letter of acceptance to the relevant embassy in order to apply for the student visa of the particular country
Step 8: Approval of the student visa depends upon the time taken by the concerned embassy. Once approved, the student will require to prepare for further travel arrangements prior to the commencement of the MBBS course.
Essential documents required for pursuing MBBS abroad
Those applicants who are willing to study MBBS abroad need to prepare the following documents during the application process and attach them along with the admission form:
· Birth Certificate
· Class 10 and 12 mark sheets
· School Leaving & School Migration Certificate
· NEET Score Card
· Statement of Purpose
· Letter of Recommendation
· Resume (CV)
· Personal Financial Statements
· Passport Size Photographs
· Medical Certificate
Still for several candidates applying for MBBS abroad seems like a difficult task. However, it is not so. A student can always get in touch with the Eurasia education link; they will help the students throughout the MBBS admission procedure and make the process easier.