Encountering QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error while trying to access the company file (stored on the server at a different location) directly from your workstation? If yes, then there is no need for you to panic anymore as with this post, we are going to discuss with you the reasons due to which it usually takes place and how you can get rid of it that too in layman’s language and step-wise manner.
Want instant troubleshooting guidance to fix QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error? If yes, don’t hesitate to contact the QuickBooks expert team at 800-583-0572.
What causes QuickBooks Database Server Manager has stopped working error?
Down below, we have mentioned all the reasons that usually trigger QuickBooks Database Server Manager has stopped working error:
- The Windows Defender Firewall is preventing QuickBooks Desktop from connecting to the internet.
- Multi-user hosting is turned off on the server computer.
What should you do to troubleshoot QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error?
Solution 1) Manually configure the Windows Defender Firewall for QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the Windows Start menu on the server computer.
- Enter “Windows Defender Firewall” into the search box and select Windows Defender Firewall.
- From the left pane, choose Advanced Settings.
- Right-click the Inbound Rules option and then choose New Rule.
- Choose the Port option and then click the “Next” button.
- Make sure to select the TCP option.
- In the Specific local ports column, type the port number as per the version of your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Once you’re done entering the port number, click the “Next” button.
- Make a new rule and give it a name like “QBPorts(year).”
- After following the steps mentioned above, choose the Finish button.
- Repeat the steps mentioned above in order to create outbound rules, except you need to choose Outbound Rules rather than Inbound Rules.
Solution 2) Turn on multi-user hosting on the server computer
- On your server computer, open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the File menu and then hover over the Utilities option.
- From the side menu, select the Host Multi-User Access option.
Note: If you see the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option in the drop-down menu, ignore it.
- Try to access the company file (located at the server at a different location) directly from your workstation.
If you see QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error even after following both the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in the post above, then the server computer might be facing some issues while connecting to your workstation. Thus, we recommend you ping the server computer from your workstation and check if this fixes the error. You can also ask for additional troubleshooting assistance to fix QuickBooks Database Server has stopped working error from the QuickBooks professional team at 800-583-0572