Excessive sweating often embarrasses. But, there are a few effective cosmetic treatments that can save you from being wet. Before those treatments, let’s start with what excessive sweating is and how it occurs.
Also known as hyperhidrosis, the excessive sweating is an outcome of overactive sweat glands. Our nervous system controls perspiration. Generally, the sweat comes out in corresponding to the level of mercury outside. Upon being contacted, our nervous system signals sweat glands to behave spontaneously. Hence, the sweat drips out. However, it calms down the body temperature. But if it comes out in excess, it defines that the glands are responding insanely. This condition needs medical treatment.
- Injectable: Botox or Botulinum Toxindelivers the best non-invasive cosmetic treatment for excessive sweating. However, it is majorly used for relaxing furrows and creases of the skin, which appear as a sign of ageing.
The experienced cosmetic surgeons may administer it on the palms and soles, if required. Its insertion blocks the release of a chemical that signals the sweat glands to secret the sweat. Generally, the patient gets many doses at a time. As a result, it reduces perspiration by 75 percent. Its result lasts for six months to one year. You can instantly resume your schedule as soon after the Botox for sweating. It may roughly cost around $1000.
- Anticholinergic Drugs:It is an oral prescription that is recommended only if your sweat glands reject the iontophoresis and fillers. The anticholinergic drugs have the efficiency to retard this condition of hyperhidrosis.
But, this medication is not for everyone because of their negative effects, such as blurred vision, heart palpitation and urinary problems.
- Cosmetic Surgery: It is about surgical cosmetic treatment, which is recommended when the patient is left with no resort. In order to cure hyperhidrosis, the cosmetic surgeon may cut, extract or suction out the culprit-‘sweat glands’.
One more hyperhidrosis surgery called Endoscopic Thoracic Sympathectomy, or ETS, can also prove effective. Under it, the cosmetic doctor diagnoses the nerve to cut it with precision in the armpit. Despite being very effective, this cosmetic procedure is irreversible and also, leaves scars. Besides this, the sweating may shift to another area to compensate.
- Iontophoresis: This medical treatment is a little dreadful because of the electrical current being involved. However, the quantum of that current is stuck to very low. The patient sits with hands or feet soaked in a shallow tray of water and the low current flows through it for about 20 to 30 minutes. Probably, the shock waves blocks sweat glands.
Initially, the patient undergoes this procedure a few times a week. Over time, the sweating condition is controlled in many cases.
The pregnant women and those who have metal implants, cardiac conditions or epilepsy are prohibited to go through iontophoresis.
- Antiperspirants: The easiest way to hamper excessive sweating is to use antiperspirants. Most of them carry aluminum salts. They create a barrier for those glands, when applied. It means that these antiperspirants blocks perspiration.
You can start with an over-the-counter antiperspirant brand, which does not require any dermatologist’s prescription. Many brands sell it with deodorants. You can roll on or spray on the affected area in the morning and night to keep yourself drier.
However, they won’t stop you from being perspired. But, the stinking feet or armpits can be controlled. You can consult with an expert cosmetic surgeon or dermatologist if this idea doesn’t work.
In all, the advanced aesthetic science has an effective treatment for overactive sweat glands. These drastically improve the lifestyle and boost the confidence level that you always dream for.