Businesses that deal with food-related products having annual turnover that exceeds more than 20 crore can register under Central FSSAI License Registration. Qualified food Business Operators such as Importers of food products, manufacturers of food products, Operators in central government, Railways, seaports, airports, and so on. need to obtain a Central FSSAI license under Food Standards and Safety Authority of India.
Following are some of the criteria for Central FSSAI License Registration that must be followed:
- Duly completed and signed form B as per FSSAI rules and regulations
- Blueprint of the layout of the registered place of the food-related manufacturing and operational unit.
- If the applicant is forming a co-operative society, then a detailed list of all the members that includes name, address, contact information, etc. is mandatory for submission.
- A complete list of directors of the business such as name, address, contact information with a copy of MOA, AOA & COI is mandatory.
- If the applicant is forming a partnership firm, then a detailed list of all the partners of the business such as name, address, contact information, etc. with all needed copies of a partnership deed is mandatory.
- If the applicant is forming a registered trust, then a copy of trust deed and complete details of trustees is needed
- Address proof of business place or premise is needed, such as Electricity bill, Registry of the premise, Rent agreement, etc.
- Food safety management system or plan in place
- Source of raw materials, milk and other food items along with its place.
- NOC or No Objection Certificate by the local authorities or municipality.
- If the applicant operates a hotel and the central license is received for the same, tourism certificate granted by the ministry of tourism and it is compulsorily affiliated.