Any kind of service from experts tends to have layered challenges, but more often than not, the benefits definitely outweigh those.
Such is the matter with Salesforce development. Salesforce is a sufficiently complex system to configure and work with. The result of using Salesforce is, of course, phenomenal.
Salesforce is, as usual, the #1 CRM used across the world. So as a business, if you are willing to take on the challenge of migrating your systems and workflows to Salesforce tools, you know the reward will be worth it.
Now, of course, there is no one way to go about this. There are several Salesforce experts that can help you with your project. But the true question is about compatibility. Who is the perfect developer or team for your project?
Here are a few questions you can ask yourself before setting about to look for a team:
- Do you want to migrate all your business processes to Salesforce at the same time?
- What is the requirement of your department that this migration will most impact?
- How much money are you willing to invest for this at a go?
- Do you have an expert or team in-house that will be able to take up the migration?
- Do you have the bandwidth to onboard and train team members for this project?
- Do you work well with external teams?
Once you have some answers to these questions, you will be able to proceed easily.
Ideally, whenever you are uprooting your current systems to a new one, you should first do a recon of your organization. Which teams need it the most? Then compartmentalize which departments get the first updates. After all, it is a new process and tool, and you need to check the organizational adoption rate and behavior to judge if they are ready for it.
Next, you need to figure out how much you are willing to invest in the project. For such a complex tool, of course, development comes at a high cost. But this question is better answered in combination with the ones after it.
There are multiple types of Salesforce development services available. You can opt for a completely in-house development, an external development team, or opt for a hybrid development approach where the external team does the implementation, but the training and post-development support is taken up by the in-house team.
Let’s see the major differences between onshore vs. offshore Salesforce development.
Inhouse vs. External Salesforce Development
Inhouse Salesforce Development:
- Close control of team members and their skill sets.
- In-house team closely understands current challenges and can therefore build systems that work for it.
- In-house team is already a part of your current process, so they are also comfortable with the entire organization, so compatibility will not be an issue.
- An in-house Salesforce development team will cost significantly lesser.
- You will not have to onboard a whole new team, saving countless hours and effort on your part. Not to mention there will be no need for more real estate for additional team members, no need for more equipment, and so on.
Compared to this, here’s how it can go with an external team:
- No need to manage external team members, so you are free to focus on your regular tasks while the Salesforce developers take care of the development.
- Since external Salesforce developers have worked with multiple organizations, they have more experience for what an organization in your industry may need, therefore providing a much more assured path for growth. They will not only solve current challenges but also work on future-proofing solutions for you.
- Apart from that, because they have worked with so many different organizations of varying sizes before, they are also good at collaborating with your in-house teams to get the project sorted.
- You will not have to traditionally onboard them, as they will have their own protocols and methodologies to follow for development and team management. They will also have their own equipment and workflows.
- All you have to do is ensure you communicate consistently with them, so there are no gaps and surprises once the deliverables are done.
We have some experience in being a great external team. We can truly be your technology partner for Salesforce development! Let’s talk more about it.
But even with external teams, there are two options:
Onshore vs. Offshore Salesforce Development:
Onshore Salesforce Development
- They are still an external member, but you can onboard this team in your office, so there is that much close association with them.
- Your investment will have to include all the onboarding processes you do with your employees since they will be working out of your campus.
- If they are from another country, you will have to take up all the required legal responsibilities to hire them, including but not limited to a work visa. You might have to provide accommodation
Offshore Salesforce Development
- Offshore Salesforce development team is perhaps one of the most flexible teams to work with. Of course, since they have plenty of experience, there is no challenge in terms of work requirements.
- Your investment is significantly lesser since you don’t have to onboard them in the office or, really, even in the same country.
- They are self-managed, so you don’t have to use effort to manage them. All you have to do is ensure that your teams work well with them, and that’s all. They can take over the responsibility of the technology needs, and you can focus on your core business and operations.
- They are timezone aligned with you, so you don’t have to worry about having to wait to communicate with them every day.
And lastly, the third approach would be to opt for a hybrid development process so that an external team does your Salesforce implementation or development and the staff training and post-development support are taken care of in-house.
Since Salesforce evolves constantly and is quite layered, this eliminates the support and training costs that you would have to pay the external team.
In the end, the most flexible and affordable option is perhaps to go with the offshore Salesforce developers. They will work at your convenience, have a varied experience, and cost significantly less, monetarily as well as logistically.
CRMJetty has talented Offshore Salesforce developers with over 16 years of experience working with various types and sizes of industries. You can check out our Salesforce prowess on our website and know more about our Offshore Salesforce Development services. To set up a conversation, please contact us.