The lead-acid battery market Demand is expected to reach US$ 54.3 Bn in 2021. Future Market Insights (FMI) analysis has forecasted that lead-acid battery sales to increase at a 5.2% CAGR between 2021 and 2031. According to the study, the overall market valuation will top US$ 90.5 Bn by 2031.
As per FMI, the demand for AGM batteries is expected to increase at a high pace, exhibiting a 6.2% CAGR in 2021. According to the market analysis by Future Market Insights, the expansion of automotive production facilities to cover rural and other remote areas has led to the increasing demand for lead-acid batteries. Rapid technological advancements in production technologies are also projected to complement market growth over the coming years.Demand for lead-acid batteries is increasing with the rise in the volume of the vehicle fleet in recent years. This can be attributed to an increase in aftermarket sales in regular interims for battery replacement.
To know More @
The growing requirement has led to mass production and has increased the importance of process automation in the lead-acid battery market. The market is shifting towards industry 4.0 s, leading to the universal adoption of new production technologies.
There also is an increasing demand from other industries for the deployment of lead-acid batteries Market size. An increasing number of players focusing on research and development related to the lead-acid battery is anticipated to have a significant contribution to market growth in the years to come.
“The lead acid battery market is growing at a strong pace, driven largely by increasing demand for energy-efficient solutions across the automotive sector. The increasing demand for electric vehicles will create extensive opportunities for manufacturers. Key industry participants have been focusing on product diversification to offer energy efficient solutions and gain a competitive advantage,” says a Future Market Insights analyst
Key Takeaways from Lead Acid Battery Market Study
- The flooded battery is projected to hold over 49% of the global market share in 2021 in terms of product type, supported by superior configurations.
- Transportation is projected to hold over 56% of the overall market share as the leading segment in terms of application by 2031-end, supported by increasing investments in electric vehicle production.
- China will remain a chief market, backed by rising demand from the automotive industry. It is expected to account for over 57.3% of demand registered in East Asia in 2021.
- The market in India is set to surge at around 6% CAGR over the next ten years.
- Germany is emerging as a key market in Europe, accounting for over US$ 2,509.4 Mn in 2021, driven by the expansion of the automotive industry.
Companies operating in the lead acid battery market are aiming at strategic collaborations and partnerships with other manufacturers to expand their manufacturing capacity. For instance:
- In March 2019, GS Yuasa Corporation has announced that GS Yuasa International Ltd. launched a new automotive lead-acid storage battery plant operated by equity method affiliate inci GS Yuasa Akü Sanayi ve Ticaret Anonim Sirketi (“IGYA”) in Manisa Province, Turkey.
- In February 2020, the company has announced the launch of its SNS-TN series of valve-regulated stationary lead-acid batteries.
- In July 2020, Blink Charging and Enersys collaborate To Develop High Power Inductive/Wireless and enhanced DC Fast Charging Systems with energy storage options for the automotive market.
- In January 2021, EnerSys is teaming up with TravelCenters of America (TA) to offer Odyssey Performance and NorthStar PRO Group 31 batteries for heavy-duty applications in all TA locations throughout the United States.
Some of the prominent players operating in the Land Survey Equipment Market profiled by FMI are:
- Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi Chemical Company, Ltd.
- Narada Power Source Co. Ltd.
- SiteTel Sweden AB (NorthStar)
- Leoch International Technology Ltd.
- Yokohama Batteries Sdn. Bhd.
- Exide Industries Ltd.
- GS Yuasa Corporation
- Hoppecke Batterien GmbH & Co. KG.
Find More Valuable Insights
The research report analyzes the demand for Lead Acid Batteries. The global Lead Acid Battery market has been analyzed with the COVID-19 impact, various macroeconomic factors, market trends and market background. As per Future Market Insights, the market has been analyzed based on
By Product Type:
- Flooded Battery
- AGM Battery
- Gel Battery
- Passenger Cars
- Motive Industrial
- Stationary Industrial
- Grid Storage
By Sales Channel: