Deploying software updates on several workstations one at a time can be a time-consuming procedure. Automated deployment utilities should be used to save time and make it possible automatically by starting a download on selected systems. Also, this is a very safe method to monitor and manage the software. So, would you like to know how to deploy updates on several systems at once? Then here are the directions given below, read them carefully:
Deploy Individual Updates
- Firstly, invoke the ‘Patch Manager Administrator Console’ option.
- Thereafter, select the Enterprise option.
- You should click on the ‘Update Services’ option.
- Then choose the ‘WSUS Server’ option.
- Go to the Updates option and click on it.
- When you have done that, you will be capable of seeing four choices that are considered for ease.
- You have to choose whatever update type you would like to deploy and choose an update through the list.
- Select the update, and right-click on it, then choose the option of ‘Update Management’ via the drop-down menu.
- Go to the first screen, and you will be capable of selecting the machine behavior.
- Once you finish the update, reboot the system, then choose the OK button.
- Later, you have to add the computer, laptops, or other devices to which the update is to be deployed.
- Select the option of Add Computer given.
- Afterward, give the needed info and choose the Add button.
- It will add the system to the list. In case you would like to add additional systems and then choose the Next option.
- You should schedule the updates deployment to occur daily, monthly, or weekly.
- If it all according to the requirements, choose the Finish option.
- Now, you can see the detailed update summary. In case you would like you to modify anything, select the Back option. If not, select the Finish option.
Deploy Updates Based on Certain Criteria
- Once again, launch the ‘Patch Manager Administrator Console.’
- After that, expand the Enterprise option.
- Then choose the Update Services option and then select ‘WSUS Server.’
- You should click on the Computers and Groups option.
- Go to the ‘All Computers’ categories.
- Thereafter, click on the machines group or a system and right-click on the screen.
- Then choose the option of ‘Update Management Wizard.’
- You have to choose a rule already present on the list or specify your criteria.
- Select the lower option then choose the Next option.
- If you want to add the rule, select the ‘Add Rule’ option, and choose the option for the need.
- When you have defined and set your own rules, select the Next option.
- Thereafter, you will be capable of arranging after and before the machine update behavior with few other choices.
- You should select the button of Finish.
- Navigate to the next screen, and you have to choose the system again then select the Next button.
- Later, you will be capable of scheduling the task to happen on a daily, monthly or weekly basis whether you would like to.
- Now, choose the button of Next.
- Finally, you will be given a task overview, including information about the task.
- When you have done, select the Finish option.
Elisa Wilson is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world .