7 steps of Lead generation process
The term ‘Lead’ refers to the requests that you receive from all digital platforms. This means a potential customer who expresses his/her interest in your business. These leads can be generated through social media business pages, email marketing campaigns, website catbots, landing pages and video content with a call-to-action feature.
What is lead generation in digital marketing?
Lead generation refers to the process in which visitors are converted to loyal clients. These clients will show regular interest in your website. A few instances can be listed as below:
- Blog Posts
- Job Application
- Social Media Channels
- Live Events
- Discounts and Coupons
- Online Content
The need for generating Leads
When a visitor appears on your website daily and starts showing organic interest, chances of conversion from a visitor to a customer are high. Lead generation allows the organization to target the desired customers from different demographic locations. This will also allow you to fetch information on customers’ preferences, needs and prospects.
These pieces of information will help you to tailor the value of the products of your organization to meet your needs. Lead generation has become popular among Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) companies. This allows them to choose the services or products they offer for the customers. It engages customers in an effective way and controls the number of leads the organization desires to receive a month. Lead generation also enhances brand awareness. It measures the efficiency of your brand in the market. The more your brand will be heard, the stronger your profit potential and reputation will be.
7 steps of lead generation process
The lead generation process will look different depending on the business. There are a few steps for lead generation process follows. These are as follows:
- In-depth research on target market and target audience is needed. At the first step organizations need to identify organic interest of the audience.
- You need to use the insights of customers which create content that resolves problems like case studies, videos and blog posts.
- After identifying the problems, you need to promote contents through variety of social media platforms to reach your customers.
- To turn your lead to low-risk offers, use your content in lieu of your lead’s contact details. The use of this trick will help you gain email subscribers. Then you can plug them to your CRM.
- You need to nurture all your existing and new leads by using manually and automated emails. This will keep your leads engaged and prove your credibility in your niche.
- Give access to each lead to generate a score for you, so that you can identify and value your leads. The leads which show interest mostly can be converted to a customer.
- In the next step of the process, you will provide some detailed contents such as demos, trials and sales calls.
How to implement lead generation process?
If you are aware of various steps of lead generation process, you need to know how you should implement it. There are various ways to implement these processes to make it work properly. Some of them are discussed below:
- Do research on target market
It is important to understand everything about each lead you generate. Better understanding of potential customers will lead to create better content. This process leads to generate better leads repeatedly.
- Content creation according to the lead’s requirement
Crafting a well-designed content is one of the most important parts of this process. To design the contents you need to understand the lead’s problems and provide a solution to it. Every content of yours have one objective; that is to turn user into a lead.
- Use the lead scoring to track down best leads
The process of identifying best leads is accomplished by going through lead scoring. At the first step of it you will create a criterion that makes it easier to understand a lead. The journey of a buyer from a lead is estimated this way. The process from awareness to consideration to decision of a lead will depend in this process.
How to qualify for a lead?
The qualification framework is crucial for sales persons that use the platform to determine prospects of normal lead to a successful customer. Each sale and customer is different; however, all closed-down deals share commonalities.
Budget: It is important to understand if there is a prospect of buying a product from the customer.
Authority: Also, you should consider the fact that the customer has the authority to sign off on the purchase.
Need: Proper judgment of the need of business is required. This is needed for qualifying the lead.
Timeline: Organizations need to understand probable timeline for buying products or services from the customer.
So, this is all about lead generation, the process of lead generation and how to qualify lead generation. You can now simply use this to get the right conversion on your site. Also, this will help you to learn more about the right content which prompts conversions.
We are well known for delivering Quality Digital Marketing Services across the Globe
1755 Crescent Plaza Dr # 2094
Houston, TX 77077-5773
+1 213 212 3919