When you are looking for methods for Canon printer set up, be clear with your setup requirements. For instance, there are various types of Canon printer set up, including the machine set up and wireless or wired set up. However, when it comes to Canon printer set up from scratch, it includes several things. So, before you lose your way to the high-paid technician or end up buying a new printer, let us help you. Here, we have mentioned the complete Canon printer set up, from setting up the machine to set up the connection.
Let’s get started to avoid future damage to the printer.
How Do You Complete Canon Printer Set Up?
The Canon printer setup can be confusing and tricky, but you can still do it if you have got the right pair of tools and a proper guide. Here, you require to attempt the Canon printer set up in five steps. These five steps are necessary to make your Canon printer set up a complete set of the printing device. Wanna check it out?
Here are the steps required for the Canon printer set up:
- Prepare your Canon printer
- Install the Canon print head
- Install the Canon ink tanks
- Establish the Wi-Fi connection
- Establish the Wired Connection
These five are the major parts of your Canon printer set up. Let’s check them out in detail below.
Step 1: Prepare the Printer
Here are the proper instructions to prepare your printer for Canon printer set up.
- You will need to set the printer on a flat and horizontal surface.
- Also, do not put any objects in front of the printer.
- Then, open the Rear Tray and take out the Paper Support.
- After that, take out the Front Tray, and open the Output Tray Extension.
- Now, you are required to plug the power cord into the back of the printer and attach the other end to the wall outlet.
- Tap the Power button to switch on the printer.
- Next, open the Top Cover, and the print head will move to the center.
- Remember not to connect the USB cable until the software is installed.
- And you have to plug the power cord all the way in, as it may be tricky to plug.
Step 2: Install the Canon Print Head
Here are the instructions to complete step two for the Canon printer set up.
- Start with removing the print head from the product packaging.
- Note: You may find transparent or light blue ink inside the Print Head package or inside the protective cap. But it does not affect printing quality. Carefully handle the ink while unpacking these items.
- Then, you will find an orange protective cap from the print head and remove it.
- Also, do not touch the electrical contacts and print head nozzles.
- Now, you need to uplift the print head lock lever until it stops firmly.
- The print head lock lever may feel heavy for you.
- After that, you need to insert the print head and remember not to touch it.
- Next, push the Print Head to set it in place and drop the print head lock lever gently.
- If the top cover of the printer is left open for more than 10 minutes, the Print head holder will move to the right. Here, you need to close and reopen the top cover to return the holder to the center.
- Now, check if the print head is installed correctly.
With an installed print head, you are one step ahead with the Canon printer set up.
Step 3: Install the Canon Ink Tanks
Here are the steps to install the ink tanks for the Canon printer set up.
- Start by pulling off the orange tape in the direction of the arrow to remove the protective film.
- Note: In case the air hole is blocked with the rest of the protective film, the ink may drip out or may not discharge properly.
- Next, twist off and remove the orange protective cap placed at the bottom of the ink tank.
- Now, you have to load up the ink tank into the right-hand slot.
- After that, press the “Push” button on the ink tank until it sets into the correct place.
- Then, you need to check if the ink lamp flashes a red light.
- Install ink tanks according to the colored label visible inside the printer.
- Now, close the top cover of your Canon printer.
- Now your Canon printer set up is complete.
However, it is the machine that is complete. But in order to make it ready for printing, you will need to complete the Canon printer set up with the rest of the requirements.
Step 4: Establish the Wi-Fi Connection
You can quickly connect a wireless printer to a Wi-Fi network if it has that capability. This will enable your printer to accept print jobs from any devices connected to the same wireless network, including laptops, tablets, smartphones, and desktop PCs.
- Plug in the power supply and switch on the Canon printer.
- On the printer’s control panel, use the arrow key to choose Menu.
- And then choose the Network Settings.
- Next, you need to click on Wireless LAN and click OK.
- Then, choose the Wireless LAN settings, and tap OK.
- Now, choose your network and provide the password.
- At last, your wireless network for the Canon printer set up is complete.
Step 5: Establish the Wired Connection
A wired connection uses an Ethernet cable and enables several devices on a connected network to access the printer. You can do the following to connect your printer to the router directly:
- Start with connecting one end of the Ethernet cable to the printer and the other end of the cable to the router.
- Next, switch on the Canon printer.
- Go to the printer’s control panel, and use the arrow key to choose Menu.
- And then tap on Network Settings.
- Next, you need to tap on Wired LAN.
- Now, your Canon printer set up via a wired connection is complete.
In addition, you can choose between a wired or wireless connection for the Canon printer set up as per the requirement. If your printer is wireless, you can work with a Wi-Fi connection. And if not, you can set up the wired connection. There, you have it! All easy and organized ways of Canon printer set up.