Whenever you face any issue or get any error message related to ink, you can resolve those issues. When the ink of your Canon printer Pixma MG5700 is running low, you can replace it with the new one. You can also check the ink status with the help of your system, ink lamp, and the printer’s control panel. You can look into the estimated ink level of your Canon printer Pixma MG5700.
Steps to Replace the Empty Ink Tank in Canon printer Pixma
Whenever your Canon printer Pixma MG5700 faces an issue with the empty ink, the message gets displayed on the screen. You have to eliminate this ink problem by taking immediate and appropriate action. If there is low ink or no ink in your Canon printer Pixma MG5700 then you have to replace the ink tank with the new filled one. Here are the steps to replace the ink tank of your Canon printer.
- Before replacing the Canon printer Pixma MG5700 ink, ensure the printer is switched On.
- After turning On your Canon printer Pixma MG5700, you have to pull out the front cover of your Canon printer.
- Open the printer’s operation panel and take out the paper output tray.
- After that, push the tab, lift the ink tab and take it out of the Canon printer.
- Now, unwrap the new ink tank for your Canon printer Pixma MG5700.
- Pull out the ink tank’s packaging material, tapes, and protective film.
- Hold the new ink tank where the protective cap points upward. Ensure that you do not block the ink tank’s Y-shape air hole.
- Now, carefully remove the ink tank’s protective cap by lifting its tab.
- Tilt the ink tank at an angle to insert the front end of the tank into the print head.
- Press the upper part of the ink tank to place it correctly to its position.
- Finally, close the operation panel of your Canon printer Pixma MG5700. Press OK if any message appears on the screen.
Steps to Check Canon Printer Ink Status from your Computer
You can also check the ink status of your Canon printer Pixma MG5700. You can see how much ink is available in the printer’s ink tank. Use the steps below to check your printer’s ink level on Windows.
- Open the setup window of your Canon printer Pixma MG5700 driver.
- Click on the “View Printer Status” option on the maintenance tab.
- The Canon IJ Status Monitor window will open. You can see the ink status of your printer.
- You can also click on the “Ink Details” menu to check all the information related to your Canon printer Pixma MG5700 ink.
Steps to Check Canon Printer Ink Status with Printer’s LCD Display
You can also check the ink status via the LCD of the printer. You can follow the below steps to use the printer’s LCD to check ink status.
- Ensure that the power is switched On and the Home screen is displayed.
- To display the Home screen, you have to press the Home button.
- Click on the Setup option on the Home screen of the printer LCD.
- A setup menu screen will appear. Select the “Estimated ink levels” and click OK.
- You can read the information related to your Canon printer Pixma MG5700 ink status.
Steps to Check Canon Printer Ink Status with Ink Lamps
- Firstly, turn on the printer, and open the front cover of the printer
- Pull out the paper output tray and lift the printer’s operation panel.
- Now, see the ink light of the printer to check the ink status.
- If –
- the light of the ink tank is flashing slowly, it indicates that the ink is running low.
- the ink tank lamp is flashing faster, it indicates that the tank is not appropriately placed or the ink has run out entirely.
- the ink lamp is turned off, you have not correctly placed the ink tank of your Canon printer Pixma MG5700.
Here, you have understood the steps to replace the ink tank of your Canon printer Pixma MG5700. You also know the steps to check the ink status from your system, ink lamp, and the printer’s control panel.
Q1- What print technology does Pixma MG5700 uses?
Ans- The Canon Pixma MG5700 printer uses five single ink tanks for pigment black, black, cyan, magenta, and yellow. It uses ChromaLife100 inks for its printing. The printer even has an optional XL ink cartridge for high-yield printing.
Q2- What is the supported OS of Canon Pixma MG5700?
Ans- The Canon Pixma MG5700 printer is compatible with Windows and MAC. You can set up the printer in Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista SP2, Etc. You can also install the printer in Mac OS C v10.75 to Mac OS X v10.10.
Q3- What are the minimum system requirements for Canon Pixma MG5700?Ans-The Canon Pixma MG5700 printer supports 3.1 GB disk space and Internet Explorer 8 in Windows OS. If you are a MAC user, you require 1.5 GB of disk space, Safari 5, and an internet connection.