Surface Disinfectant Industry Overview
The global surface disinfectant market size was valued at USD 5.1 billion in 2021 and is anticipated to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3% from 2022 to 2030.
The growth is attributed to several factors, such as lifestyle changes in developing economies, rising awareness about animal diseases among livestock farmers, and increasing demand for disinfectants for use in livestock farms. There has been a significant decline in demand for raw materials and active ingredients due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which led to the closure of multiple production hubs and factories globally. Multiple plants have been running at reduced rates or even shut down, which resulted in a supply-demand gap. However, a rise in demand for cleaning products, sanitizers, and disinfectants is expected to have a positive impact on the market growth.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Surface Disinfectant Market
The raw materials used in the production of surface disinfectants are primarily the by-products of the petroleum sector. Local manufacturers in the developed economies of Europe, North America, and China mainly source these raw material ingredients. Recently, the industry observed a shift in trend toward the usage of biodegradable surface disinfectants for preventing chemical-related toxicity. The raw materials required for biodegradable surface disinfectants are cheaper and easily available. Surface disinfectants have witnessed low to moderate rise in prices; however, the sudden upsurge in demand due to the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in supply shortages, which further led to a rise in prices in the year 2020 and the impact might last at least till the first half of 2021.
The stringent regulatory norms for disinfection in commercial, industrial, and institutional spaces have boosted the product demand. Surface disinfectants have various chemical substances, which, when used as per guidelines yield magnificent results. They help in preventing the transmission and occurrence of various diseases. However, these can be harmful to humans and animals and ultimately lead to environmental problems. Incomplete knowledge regarding the proper use of surface disinfectants and the health hazards associated with these products can pose a potential threat to market growth.
Browse through Grand View Research's Disinfectants & Preservatives Industry Research Reports.
- Hydrogen Peroxide Market - The global hydrogen peroxide market size was valued at USD 1.44 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7% from 2020 to 2028. Rising demand for the product from the healthcare industry due to its antiseptic properties is projected to remain a key factor fueling market growth. In the healthcare sector, the product is highly demanded as an antiseptic, which is traditionally utilized on skin cuts and bruises to prevent infections.
- Peracetic Acid Market - The global peracetic acid market size exceeded USD 540 million in 2015. Growing usage of peracetic acid (PAA) as a sanitizer, disinfectant, and bleaching agent among key applications such as water treatment, food & beverages, and healthcare are expected to drive the market growth. Key companies are using their resources such as R&D, sourcing channels to try to increase their footprint in developing regions. Also, private companies, with the help of government agencies, are trying to generalize usage of peracetic acid in applications such as water treatment.
Surface Disinfectant Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global surface disinfectant market report on the basis of composition, form, application, end-use, and region:
- Surface Disinfectant Composition Outlook (Volume, Tons, Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- Ammonium Compounds
- Oxidizing Agents
- Surface Disinfectant Form Outlook (Volume, Tons, Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- Surface Disinfectant Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- In House
- Surface Disinfectant End-use Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- Hotel/Restaurants/Cafes (HORECA)
- Educational Institutes
- Food Processing Industries
- Surface Disinfectant Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Market Share Insights
- May 2020: Ecolab (US) acquired Holchem Group to reinforce its hygiene and cleaning items and administrations portfolio for the food & beverage, food service, and hospitality enterprises.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global surface disinfectant market include:
- PDI, Inc.
- GOJO Industries, Inc.
- W.M. Barr
- Spartan Chemical Company, Inc.
- W.W. Grainger, Inc.
- Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC
- PaxChem Ltd.
- BODE Chemie GmbH
- Star Brands Ltd.
- The 3M Company
- Procter & Gamble
- The Clorox Company
- Whiteley Corp.
- SC Johnson Professional
- BASF SE
- Evonik Industries AG
- Kimberley-Clark Corporation (KCWW)
- Medline Industries, Inc.
Order a free sample PDF of the Surface Disinfectant Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519