Fitness App Industry Overview
The global fitness app market size was valued at USD 1.1 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.6% from 2022 to 2030.
The spreading COVID-19 pandemic led to nationwide lockdowns followed by social distancing norms, thereby aiding the transition from traditional studios and gyms to virtual fitness. It, in turn, has led to increased downloads and subscriptions of fitness apps. As per a report published by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), it has been stated that fitness apps were ranked at number 13 in accordance with the 2019 fitness trends.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Fitness App Market
Tough competition has been witnessed between brick-and-mortar gyms against in-app fitness. Information technology has transformed the way the fitness industry works. According to an article published by World Economic Forum in September 2020, it is stated that downloads of fitness and health apps increased globally by 46.0% due to the growing trend of online fitness training, which is driving the market globally. The growing awareness regarding fitness and mental well-being is also driving the market.
In addition, the COVID-19 pandemic has led to an increase in awareness concerning health and hygiene. As per a World Economic Forum article published in September 2020, the Daily Active Users (DAUs) of fitness apps have increased by 24.0% in quarter 2 over quarter 1 in 2020. Moreover, the expanding network of fitness studios and gyms through online platforms is further aiding the adoption of these apps. Owing to this, several consumers are significantly investing in in-home fitness equipment, thus boosting revenue growth. For instance, revenue generated by Peloton, a U.S.-based exercise equipment company, has been estimated to double in 2020.
Browse through Grand View Research's Healthcare IT Industry Research Reports.
- mHealth Apps Market - The global mHealth apps market size was valued at USD 38.2 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.8% from 2022 to 2030. Growing adoption of fitness and medical apps to collect and track individuals' health-related data and to improve the overall health of the patients’ using smartphones are the major factors anticipated to drive the market.
- Digital Health Market - The global digital health market size was valued at USD 175.6 billion in 2021 is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 27.7% from 2022 to 2030. Increasing smartphone penetration, improving internet connectivity, advancing healthcare IT infrastructure, growing healthcare expenditure, rising prevalence of chronic diseases, increasing demand for remote patient monitoring services, and increasing accessibility of virtual care are driving market growth.
Fitness App Market Segmentation
Grand View Research, Inc. has segmented the global fitness app market report on the basis of type, platform, device, and region:
- Fitness App Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2030)
- Exercise & Weight Loss
- Diet & Nutrition
- Activity Tracking
- Fitness App Platform Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2030)
- Fitness App Device Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2030)
- Wearable Devices
- Fitness App Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Market Share Insights
- September 2020: It is stated that downloads of fitness and health apps increased globally by 46.0% due to the growing trend of online fitness training, which is driving the market globally. The growing awareness regarding fitness and mental well-being is also driving the market.
- June 2020: HealthifyMe, a health and nutrition app, launched HealthifyMe Studio to provide live and interactive workouts.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global fitness app market include:
- Fitbit, Inc.
- Azumio, Inc.
- MyFitnessPal Inc.
- Under Armour, Inc.
- WillowTree, Inc.
- Polar Electro
- Kayla Itsines
- ASICS America Corporation
Order a free sample PDF of the Fitness App Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519