ESSENTIAL TIPS TO KEEP THE KITCHEN CLEAN AND HYGIENIC
The kitchen is often considered the heart of the home. Food is prepared, so it is of utmost priority to adhere to the best hygiene and cleanliness standards. Health should always be the most prior thing. The basics of keeping a kitchen clean are to ensure that all surfaces are clean. Small changes in your habits like washing hands and dishes regularly can also help you keep your kitchen tidy and hygienic. This reduces the risk of contamination exponentially. The kitchen is one of the busiest rooms in the house. The following tips will help keep your kitchen clean and sanitised with minimum effort, especially on a tight schedule.
HERE ARE SOME ESSENTIAL TIPS FOR KITCHEN CLEANING:
- Gas Stove: A gas stove is the most used equipment in the kitchen, so naturally most prone to get dirty. It can become a breeding ground for many infections and dangerous microorganisms. So it is essential to clean the gas stoves after every meal you cook with detergent and water.
- Counters and slabs: Kitchen counters and slabs are where most kitchen ingredients are kept, including vegetables and fruits, so the surface should always be clean to avoid contamination while preparing a meal. Cleaning the slabs with disinfectants is the best way to keep them sanitised.
- Vegetables and fruits: The kitchen and the food we eat should be clean and of the best quality. It is essential to clean the vegetables thoroughly before having them. Also, having seasonal fruits and vegetables is advisable
- utensils: A necessary subset of food safety is the utensils and the containers in which the food is stored. All the containers and utensils which come in contact with food should appropriately be cleaned. The utensils should be washed every day with soap or a detergent to get rid of germs, and they should be dried before use.
- Equipment: Refrigerators, mixtures, microwaves, ovens and many more. These are some of the equipment found in a typical kitchen. Your food somehow ends up in one of these pieces of equipment, so they must be cleaned every day and sanitised properly and dried before using.
Cleaning can become tedious and hectic, so here are some kitchen hacks which will help you keep your kitchen sparkling:
- Trash: your disposal should always be empty and never smell bad. Few things in the kitchen can be foul and disturb your mood, and a dirty trash can is one of those things. To get rid of those smells, you can use rock salt, lemon ice cubes and water.
- Oven cleaning: Make a homemade solution of water vinegar and baking soda, remove the grates and the coat of the oven along with the heating element, close the door of the oven and let it rest for twelve hours. Next morning clean the solution using a sponge and water, dry the range, and your oven is ready to be used and is cleaned.
- Cabinets: A great hack to clean all the kitchen cabinets, use the regular vacuum cleaner you use at your home. Vacuum all the cabinets to eliminate all the dirt in the cupboards.
- Disposal guard: Many food remnants can hinder the disposal guard; to get rid of those food remnants, you can use an old toothbrush. Take the old toothbrush, soak it in an anti-grease solution, and turn the flap inside out. Then, move the brush to scrub off any food waste.
- Steamer: A steamer is used to de-wrinkle your clothes; you must be wondering what it is doing in a kitchen cleaning tip. You can use a steamer to clean up the stovetops, cabinet doors and all of the kitchen if they are grimy.
- Hand washed dishes: It is of utmost importance that they are adequately dried when you hand wash dishes. Otherwise, they get some stains, so to prevent those stains, you can use the dishwasher trays to dry up the hand-washed dishes, and they can be dried pretty quickly.
- Treating Hard water: If you live in an area with a lot of hard water, you know the struggle to wash dishes as it leaves back stains. To get rid of those stains, you can use vinegar while washing your words in the dishwasher. The vinegar will help you combat the hard water and have shiny plates.
These are some quick and good hacks for kitchen cleaning, which you might want to use the next time to get a sparkling kitchen.
Cleaning your kitchen every day can become a very hectic task, and as a result.