If you are an old or established company in the healthcare industry, chances are that you have to deal with transporting materials from one site to another. Laboratory transport carts are a great solution for this need. They are easy to move around and can hold a big amount of supplies. They also protect your materials from dust-laden air, which gives you the peace of mind that they are stored in a clean place.
Examples of what these carts can hold include:
- Floor models that have buckets on wheels for picking up and carrying items, such as boxes, lab test kits, and other supplies that you need to move. These Laboratory transport carts are usually available at Global Lab Supply in sizes as 60, 80, 100, or 120 gallons.
- Trays with wells that slide along rails to give you extra shelving space for inventory. The wells are similar to the bottom of a 19-gallon trash can. Ever glide tray carts, for example, have 6 wells that slide along rails.
- Shelves that keep your supplies off the floor and handy so you can make them more accessible when needed. These shelves are a great way to store large volumes of items like small vials, microtubes, and test tubes.
- In-floor models with rolling casters so they can be moved around your facility easily to wherever they are needed.
- Heavy-duty over-the-shoulder models that you can lift with ease and maneuver around tight corners and upstairs or ramps in the facility.
Features to look for when purchasing a cart for the lab
- Ships and tracks that provide adequate strength for the loads.
- Size and weight capacity ratings when comparing different models so you can find one that can hold all your supplies.
- Good maneuverability so you don't have to worry about it tipping over or getting stuck in a spot where you don't want it.
- A strong base is important because these carts tend to be quite heavy. If the base is too light, it will not be able to keep up with your load while rolling along.
The Final Words
These are just a few product tips that you can use to make sure that your company invests in the right transportation cart for your needs.