When to try and source materials from foreign, Alibaba is a wonderful place to begin.
Can you get hundreds or thousands of products and also suppliers having ratings and track records?
However, sorting through different listings to get the best suppliers for business can have ample time. And you certainly do not wish to make any quick decision about key components of the business.
That is where our web data scraper can assist.
Alibaba As Well As Data Scraping
A web data scraper may easily scrape all the data you want from the website in a suitable spreadsheet for more analysis.
Here, we will utilize Retailgators, a powerful data scraper to pull data from search result pages of Alibaba for a term called “phone case”.
Extracting Alibaba’s Products Data
Now, we would walk through the procedure about how to Extract Alibaba Products Data in the spreadsheet.
Let’s Get Started
1. Just install as well as open Retailgators.
2. Then click on the “New Project” as well as submit a URL you would be extracting. Here, we would submit a URL for search results pages of Alibaba for a term called “phone case”.
When submitted, a URL will get rendered in the Retailgators, all set to choose your initial element to scrape.
1. Start through clicking on name of first product given on a page. This would get highlighted in color green to suggest that it has been chosen.
2. The rest product names would get highlighted in color yellow, just click on second one given on a page to choose them all. On left-hand sidebar, just rename the product selection.
3. Use the PLUS (+) symbol next to product selection and opt for the command ‘Relative Select’.
4. Utilizing the command ‘Relative Select’, just click on first product’s name as well as on the price. One arrow will come to suggest the selection.
5. On left-hand sidebar, just rename the price selection.
6. Repeat the steps 3 to 5 and make new commands ‘Relative Select’ to scrape extra product data like minimum order sizing, seller’s age, country, seller’s name, review scores, total reviews, as well as response rate.
7. Here, we have determined to stop Retailgators from scraping the targeted URL from review_score as well as review commands. It is done through scraping the selection as well as deleting the scraping.
8. At this point, the project will look like:
Scraping Alibaba Product Pages
Now, there could be extra product data you’d need to extract from within a real product page. In case, you don’t want to scrape more information, just skip to next part. Or else, just read on.
1. Initially, we’ll need to tell Retailgators about clicking on a title of every list on a page. For doing so, we would utilize the PLUS (+) symbol next to product selection as well as select the command ‘Click’.
2. A screen of click setup would come asking if it is the “next page” switch. Click No, choose “Create New Template” as well as name it as product_page. After that, just click on the button ‘Create New Template’.
3. Retailgators will now extract the initial product page as well as let you choose the new data for scraping.
4. In this example, we would extract data from a Quick Detail table. We would start through choosing the initial label in a table, then it will be highlighted in color Green.
5. The rest labels would be chosen in color yellow, just click on second one and choose them all. Then rename the label selection.
6. Now, increase the labels selection as well as remove “Start new entry within labels” command.
7. Then, utilize the PLUS (+) symbol next to labels selection and add the Conditional command (You would need to expand the menu to exhibit this command).
8. For the first provisional, we will utilize $e.text.contains(“Brand Name”)
9. Then utilize the PLUS (+) symbol next to conditional command as well as utilize the command ‘Relative Select’ to choose the text to Brand Name label.
10. Now, you can copy & paste your provisional selection to scrape extra fields. Just ensure to update a conditional expression as well as drag the fundamentals so that they are not nested in themselves. Your last project will look like:
Retailgators is now scraping data on each product on initial page results. Now, let’s set that up to scrape data from second page as well as onwards.
1. Use different tabs on left-hand side of application, and return to the main_template. You could also require to utilize browser tabs for returning to search result pages.
2. With PLUS (+) button following the page selection, opt the command ‘Select’.
3. Utilize the command for selecting “next page” switch at bottom of a page. Just rename the selection with next.
4. Enlarge the new next selection as well as remove the scrape command.
5. Now utilize the PLUS (+) switch next to next selection as well as select ‘Click’ command.
6. One click setup window would come asking you if it is the “next page” switch. Click on ‘Yes’ as well as enter total times you’d love to repeat this procedure. Here, we would repeat that 4 extra times.
Run And Export The Project
Your project is ready now. To run the scraping job, just click on ‘Get Data’ switch on left-hand sidebar as well as choose Run.
As Retailgators is off for collecting the requested data, you will get the email notification when the email scraping gets completed.
When your extraction is completed, you can download that as the Excel spreadsheet. Getting access to the important data could be the difference between beginning your business on right foot or choose the wrong suppliers. Do you have any questions regarding web scraping or Retailgators? Contact us today or ask for a free quote!