QuickBooks Error 1603 usually takes place when the user tries to install or open QuickBooks Desktop after the installation. Wondering why it occurs? This can be triggered due to a corrupt installation of .NETFramework. Whenever a user bumps into QuickBooks Install Error 1603, any one of the following error messages will prompt on their screen:
- “Error Status 1603: The update installer has encountered an internal error”.
- “Error Status 1603: Unable to apply the patch”.
- “MSI returned 1603: Fatal error during installation”.
Another reason behind this may be an outdated Windows, or damaged Windows components. Furthermore, there are a variety of factors that result in the error. We have listed all such issues in the following section of this blog alongside the troubleshooting solutions to fix it.
What are the reasons that give rise to QuickBooks Error Code 1603?
QuickBooks Error Code 1603 generally occurs due to incomplete installation of QuickBooks Desktop on Windows. However, there are numerous other reasons as well, we have mentioned some of them.
- It might occur due to the corrupted installation of QuickBooks.
- One of the reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 1603 is damage in the Windows components, such as .NETFramework, MSXML, etc.
- You are using the older version of QuickBooks Desktop.
What are the best troubleshooting solutions to rectify QuickBooks Error 1603?
Now that you know the root causes that trigger QuickBooks Error 1603 move ahead to the troubleshooting solutions to fix it. We have listed some of the most preferred solutions below, using which you can get rid of the error permanently.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
You are required to download QuickBooks Tool Hub so that you can use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool to resolve installation errors. The steps outlined below will assist you in doing so:
- To initiate the process, ensure that the QuickBooks application is closed if already opened.
- Thereafter, download the most recent version of QB Tool Hub i.e. (18.104.22.168).
- Go to the downloads and then open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file that you have downloaded recently.
- Install the app by following the on-screen instructions and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- The QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop once the installation is completed, and then double-click on the QB Tool Hub icon to open it.
- Now, select the Installation Issues tab from the tool hub.
- Next, click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the drop-down menu.
- Allow the tool to run and resolve the issues.
- Finally, restart your computer and open QuickBooks once the tool is finished.
Solution 2: Switch to Selective Startup mode and then reinstall QuickBooks
The following steps will guide you to install QuickBooks in selective startup mode:
- To begin with, ensure that you have created the backup of the QB company file. Also, you must have a copy of QBDT product and license info.
- After this, switch to Selective startup mode and press the Windows and R keys simultaneously to open the Run window.
- Now, within the run window, type ‘msconfig’ and hit Enter.
- Select the General tab and then choose Selective startup and Load system services.
- Thereafter, select the checkbox of "Hide all Microsoft Services" from the Services tab.
- Then, click Disable all.
- Ensure that you have unmarked the checkbox of "Hide all Microsoft services".
- After this, select the Windows Installer checkbox from the list of services.
- Click OK and then Restart.
- Next, Uninstall and Reinstall the QuickBooks application.
- Now, switch to Normal mode and then again, open the Run command.
- Write ‘msconfig’ in the search field and click OK.
- Later on, click on the General tab and choose Normal startup.
- Finally, select Restart on the System Configuration window.
So, here we end our blog on QuickBooks Error 1603 and hope that you find it helpful and informative. If still you are facing this error, then ensure that you are using the updated version of QBDT. For any additional troubleshooting solutions to fix the error, contact our experts by dialing the helpline number +1(855)-856-0053.