If you are not using your AOL account anymore, it might be time to delete the account. In this article, we will show you how to delete AOL account types. Depending on whether it is a free account or a paid account, you will need to follow different instructions.
This is the quickest type of account to delete, and you just need to follow these instructions to remove it.
- Go to the AOL login portal and sign in to your AOL account.
- Provide answers to any account security questions that the website asks you.
- Click the “Manage My Subscriptions” option located under the “Service Options” heading.
- Choose the “Cancel” option at the bottom of the page to begin your account deletion.
- Read the information about what will happen when you cancel your account.
- Select a reason for deleting your account from the drop down menu. You can pick whatever reason you like, because it will have no effect on your account cancellation.
- Click the orange button that says “Cancel AOL.”
If you had any paid subscriptions with AOL, you will need to take a few extra steps while deleting your account.
- Sign in to your account using the AOL login portal linked above.
- Answer the security questions to access your account.
- Select the “Manage My Subscriptions” option found under the “Service Options” subheading.
- Click the “Change Plan” button and change your account to a free plan.
- Pay any outstanding fees on your account.
- Go back to the “Manage My Subscriptions” page.
- Click the X labeled “Cancel” at the bottom of the subscriptions management page.
- Read the account deletion information to make sure you understand what will happen.
- Pick a reason for your decision to cancel.
- Confirm your cancellation by clicking the “Cancel AOL” button.
Web Source : How to Delete AOL Account